Sunday 17 June 2012

My guardian angel

After a week of 'training' and having learnt sod all i was starting to get a bit worried. Enter Jack, the coolest guy ever and the man who saved my arse. I bumped into him by chance on my way home and we instantly clicked, he gave me super advice and a little training which helped a lot. Jack is the schools best teacher and at the time he was the only teacher teaching the advanced classes. A week later and it's teaching time....oh shit! I can safely say without jacks help i probably would have stood frozen for the entire hour while all these tiny eyes stared back at me. Thankfully i managed to muster up an introduction and from there it went pretty smoothly. Phew. Although to this day i don't claim to be a super teacher or anything but at least I'm not totally clueless anymore, and you definitely get a feel for the class the more you do it. Mind you there are some days where you get classes who have had too much sugar and are bouncing off the walls, or some kids who are pushed by their parents to learn english and thus have no desire to listen to you. But all in all the kids are great and such fun to teach too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment