Sunday 17 June 2012

Training

Training didn't go so well at first, in fact it was non-existent. Basically they have one chinese teacher in charge of the foreign teachers...Christina. Now she is a nice enough girl but i could not understand a word she was saying to me and incidentally vice versa. I asked PJ if he had this problem with her and he told me that the communication gets better after a while but in the beginning he used Chinese to speak to her. Great, that's a skill I'm still far away from obtaining. Christina would push me into other teachers classes so that i could watch. Unfortunately I'm not the kind of person who learns by watching but by doing, i tried to make the best of this time, taking notes and trying to pick up some kind of teaching method. But in truth, i was hopelessly and utterly lost. I had the same expression on my face as Boo Boo (see picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment