Saturday 30 July 2011

The Day I First Saw Her

Here in the uk you don't hear many romantic stories about when couples first meet each other, 99% of the time i hear 'we were both pissed up in a night club, went home and had a shag'.  This was also true in my case as all my previous partners had been from drunken encounters.  Of all the places it was a local chinese buffet where i first laid eyes on her, the feeling was so intense it was unbelievable, it was as if i was hit with a bag of bricks as i couldn't breathe, my tounge swelled up and i couldn't take my eyes off her.  She seemed like something out of a fairytale,  she was a dark haired asian beauty and everything about her was captivating.  She had a beautiful smile and seemed to be always smiling as if she didn't have a care in the world ( i later found out the reason she always smiles is because she's a bit simple minded).  Then a feeling came over me like a warm blanket and i realised instantly that i was in love with her, i know how crazy that sounds as even i never believed in love at first sight, but they say when you know you know and at that moment i knew, which made talking to her all the more difficult.  I would build up courage, walk up to her and want to ask her out, i thought it'd be best not to admit that i love her as this would most probably scare her into thinking im a stalker or somekind of psycho.  But everytime i got close to her the syptoms came back, i couldn't breathe, my palms were sweating, i tried my best to talk to her but all that ever came out was 'table for 1 please' or '1 takeaway please'. This went on for a perioid of about 5 months and every time i failed i felt like kicking myself for being unable to talk to her.  Note that i'm not a shy or nervous person by nature, this had never happened to me before and it was very frustrating.  Finally 1 day i got a wake up call when i showed up once again to try and talk to her when i noticed a note on the restaurant door 'closed down, sorry for any inconvenience caused'.  At this point i fell into a state of depression, because of my iniability to overcome my fears, i had lost her.

No comments:

Post a Comment