Sunday 31 July 2011

Our First Date

I sent a few texts and phoned her twice without reply.  I thought at that moment she had only given me her number as she must have felt bad tipping pepsi on me.  I was sat by the phone ready to give up when suddenly she called me.  She asked if i'd like to take her to the cinema later when she finished work, i didn't catch the name of the film she said but i got 'meet there for 10' and that's all i needed.  at 6 i was still sat at home in my dressing gown and slippers thinking i had bags of time.  Next thing i know i get a call from her asking rather abruptly 'where are you?'  I paused for a moment and replied 'at home...why?' I had misheard her earlier, i was actually susposed to meet her at 6, not 10.  I thought to myself that 10 was a bit late to see a film but never questioned it.  I couldn't believe it, here i was sat in my slippers and i had a hot date waiting for me outside cwmbran cinema!  I had fucked up bigtime, even my brain was having a go at me saying' you stupid bastard, you had one chance and you blew it!' I hadn't even shaved or done my hair, but i was in a panic so i just threw on a wrinkly shirt, jeans and some ugly flipflops.  It took me 10 minutes to drive 90mph to cwmbran and when i turned up she looked absolutely stunning.  I on the other hand looked like a tramp.  I apologised profusely and we went in to watch the film, it turned out to be Inception again which was good as i didn't understand it all properly the first time.  When we came out i thought the film would be a good topic to break the ice but when i asked her what she thought of it she just said she didn't understand any of it.  She had a lift waiting for her outside so i quickly managed to secure a 2nd date by insisting that i pay next time.  As i got in the car to go home, a dozen messages came through all off her.  It turns out she did reply to the messages i sent her that morning, my phone had just been on the blink and i hadn't received them until now.  It even had the correct time to be there on one of the texts.  I wanted to throw my phone in the bin.

1 comment: